Another Reason

I found myself running aimlessly. I looked up and the rays of the sun forced my eyes close.

I saw a house. It wasn't my house but there's a strange feeling to it. I peered through the window and saw nothing; it was pitch black inside.

"Don't go inside." A familiar voice whispered to me. It was as if it came with the wind.  

But something kept me from listening to it so I entered the house anyway. It was a huge empty box. The whole room was painted gray and there are no windows. On the other side of the the room was a door - painted gray too. 

"Hello there." A voice came from behind. I turned around and saw your smiling face. It was as beautiful and as peaceful as before. I couldn't believe my eyes so I just stood there, frozen and speechless. 

"It's been a while, huh? You've grown so much! But you know, it feels like this room's getting smaller." Then you pinched my cheeks like you've always did. I was happy. 

It was the same you from many years ago. You're still the tiny, cheerful girl whose smile always make my day. You never aged. You haven't changed the slightest. You're even wearing the over-sized shirt I gave you. You complained about it, but when I said you looked cute in it you stopped. It was the you that I tried to preserve in my memory, the you that was the very source of my happiness and pain, the very source of my nightmares and peaceful dreams. It's because of these that I couldn't let you go.

Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Shhh..you don't have to cry." She said as she wiped my tears. "You can always stay here. Stay with me...so we'll be together, forever. Right?" I held her hand tightly, as if never letting go. But I know I have to move on.

"I'm sorry, but I can't stay." I said with a wavering voice. It's hard to talk while crying.
"Why?"
"I have to move on." 
"But-"
Before she can continue I woke up. My pillow was wet with tears. Obviously, I was crying in my sleep. I sighed a deep sigh and smiled. "She haven't finished what she was going to say." 

I have another reason to go back.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 13, 2010. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

7 Responses to “Another Reason”

  1. A great tale! A very interesting read, makes you think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent! Very thought-provoking. Truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely story, very well written. Did it really happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your comments! I truly appreciate it. Nope, this never happened to me. I was a bit down last night then this came into my mind so I simply posted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it didn't happen to you. I've noticed that a lot of people (including me) writes a very good pieces when they're down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice story...would you be writing a sequel to this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe...but probably not. I come up with ideas in bursts so maybe the next post will be another story. But thanks for the idea. A sequel is a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Weee!